Monday, July 7, 2008

Rain, Rain and more Rain!

So cute aren't they? Kate and Syd are spending a night at their friend's house. So the time I usually spend negotiating, cajoling, and reading bed time stories is now all mine. (Insert diabolical laughter here.) So I have time to organize and backup photos, blog, and my favorites laundry and dishes. This may sound like too much fun for one girl but believe me I can handle it! (I sound optimistic about my to do list because it is now a DONE list except for the laundry. Which WILL WAIT until morning.)

Last week John and I took a little time to appreciate the amazingly perfect weather by sitting in our lawn chairs. John was studying and I was "on break," which is what John and I say when we're going to ignore the Rapplings for a few minutes unless there are visible wounds that really "NEED" a band aid. After I went to bed that night it rained and rained and rained. I woke up to our little lake again. Paige wanted to "IM" but not in the pool, in our yard. What a difference a night can make.

John took these out of the back yard Saturday Night. That's when all the water came flooding out of the legs of the chairs onto the drive way.

Nice shot of the fog coming off of the ground.




I remember it was almost two years ago exactly when I sat on the couch with a newborn and waited to see how much flooding we would have at Skrappaper. I was exhausted and worried. How could I help John , manage a new baby, a cranky two year old and bail water. I knew I was loved when Melly, Ken, Lisa and Harvey came to our rescue.

Lisa's off in Mexico right now and Melly's in Indiana but I am so thankful that they were here for me when I needed them. Love you, thanks friends!

0 comments: