Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Monsoon in my Lagoon...


I was busy learning how to use the Silhouette cutter by Quickutz today. I really like it. While creating I snapped a couple of photos of our backyard. I love that it floods we have the best grass in the summer, so very soft to walk on! Paige thought that there were bubbles in the water. She was mesmerized for a long time. We don't worry since we don't have a basement and our house is way way above flood level. To bad we can't get some fish.


I've been wondering where all of our birds have gone. In the winter we usually have two to threes pairs of cardinals and a bazillion songbirds. Well while working in my studio I looked out the window to discover this amazing creature in my tree. I think it's a Kestrel...kind of grainy I took the photo with 16 time zoom in the pouring rain. No wonder we have no birds. I've seen one of the guys in action and it would make me find another place to hang out. Hey maybe I should keep the Chihauhau inside, okay she's a little hefty for a bird to be carrying away. It's fun having a window to open with no screen...you would have laughed watching me climb on the counter open the 20 year old window and lean out while not getting my camera wet or knocking the tools off the counter or out the window. I live to entertain myself. Lots of fun nature today. ~Susan

2 comments:

melly~ said...

tag, friend. You're it.
It's meme time. Check for details on my blog. :)

stoddardfamilie said...

hi susan, i found your blog on candace's blog...i love your blog!