Thursday, November 1, 2007

One of those weeks...

Today we spent organizing and cleaning out our home away from home for the past two years. I can actually say it was just one of those weeks.

You know the days that are good... wish you could have been there for the bouncy ball games we have had in our empty classroom this week. Just picture all three girls, mom, a couple of friends and three extra bouncy little balls rolling, skipping, and landing anywhere and everywhere for the most laughter I've had in a long time.

Then again there are the not good days like today which we spent packing and cleaning...okay anyone who loves me knows that I can clean, will clean, but frequently find it on my list of things to let fall to the side. I'd rather create, play with my girls, read, read to my girls, or be with my friends before I would choose to clean. On the other hand I can't leave my little store a mess...knowing that my friend Julia will be using the space after me. So we have packed and organized and can proudly say we are almost done. I love that soon I'll be home creating again.


So tonight to celebrate I finished a book I've been trying to read for a couple of weeks(Thanks Phyllis! It's good to know an English teacher.) Usually this book would have taken me a day or two to finish but I've been busy. The story has really touched me so I had to put it down before I cried, happy tears but tears none the less. A few tissues later and I'm done. Here's one my favorite quotes from"Annie Freeman's Fabulous Traveling Funeral" By Kris Radish hope you can stop for a minute and find this book, it's worth it.

"I fill my house with guests to help pay the heating bills but I also do that because I like people and what the familiarity of family brings to a life," Lou tells them, closing her hand over the six keys. "Family does not mean people with the same last name or the same DNA. It means people who care about you, who you trust, who you care about - people you can count on."


Thanks Kris for writing an amazing book, for putting my feelings into words and special thanks to all of my sister friends out there I appreciate your love, laughter and support.

~Susan

3 comments:

CANDACE said...

you should start coming to book club now that (?) you will have some more time. it's at my house in 1 week, at 7 pm. we're reading cold sassy tree by olive ann burns, but please come even if you can't get the book/finish before then. :) little ones welcome, although i don't have fun toys.

HistoryMom said...

You will have to create a scrapbook club for mommies before I have Skrappaper withdrawals!

ReadingTeacher said...

Glad you loved the book. I felt that it was timely and that you would enjoy the celebration of Annie's life, much like you have celebrated the life of "The Paper" in recent weeks. You are welcome to join us at Beth's this Friday night for book club. We are reading Atonement.