Sunday, August 17, 2008

Living Room(Before)

I feel a little frustrated that I didn't get my before photo with the couches still in the room.


Wednesday night John and I carried the both old faithful sofas to the curb. Kate wanted to know "Why didn't you find someone to give the couches too? You know "recycle" them mom." Okay sounds great but who do I know who needs a couch? Plus I already scheduled the extra garbage pick up for the next day. While I was running Kate and her buddy Anna to church my neighbor called and asked if I would mind letting someone have the love seat? Of course! Now at least Kate would leave me alone on the "recycling".
This left us with a large empty living room. I got to sweep, vacuum, scrub and polish the floor Thursday night to prepare for the impending arrival of our "new" sofa. Also painted the white walls shown with Cornmeal paint by Behr. My kids thought that living with just chairs and old couch cushions for two days was FUN. While doing all this I finally watched "the Holiday". It only took me borrowing Laura's DVD for seven months. Fun, cute and enjoyable chick flick. Even better with only one kid home.


This last photo is of the border in my Kitchen. Back in the days before Kate. I took three days and painstakingly cut a template and hand painted these fruits and veggies on the wall. Kate and Syd are a little miffed that I am painting over them. But I am READY for some change. Thirteen years is a long time to look at the same fruit every day. But I promised a picture for posterity's sake and here it is.

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: