Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What I've been up to...


So I have been busy taking care of lots of projects. I decided I wanted, no, needed a change in our home. After getting John on board with "my plan" he had two stipulations 1. that we have to use what we have. and 2. That we get it done while John is out of school during August. So we got to work. So far I have been painting and painting and I still have more painting to do. I've always wanted to play interior decorator.



This is our Bedroom. Four years ago I painted one and a half of the walls the blue brushed technique....then I stopped...I was depressed...I was tired...I got a job...left my fun job....opened our own store...got pregnant with Miss Paige...ran a store...closed a store...and now I've started again. I love blue, at least that hasn't changed and went with one focal wall brushed with three colors and the other three walls a light blue called "Summer Breeze". Extra paint from Skrappaper. All blues American Traditions Lowes. Also I can officially say the "cutting in" is not my favorite. Alas where is Melly when I need her? She has serious painting skills.


New Chairs for kitchen. My mother gave them to me plain without seats and I've had them in the garage for at least four years! Adam made the seats out of particle board about two years ago. When I told John about "my plan". He reminded me that I have had the fabric out in the garage for these chairs for at least three years. YAY ME! I bought foam for the cushions....and Viola! It only took me four years to get them finished. There is hope for me yet!
Paint in the living room and kitchen are the same colors since the rooms feel better coordinated. On the front door and chairs "Guacamole", on the wall "Lettuce Alone." (Menards Behr Paints) I will post more pictures as soon as I accomplish more. Paint provided in exchange for babysitting my nieces over the winter. My sister Laura knows the way to my heart.

3 comments:

lmillercrew said...

Good job sister! Doesn't it feel god to have it done??? Looks great!!!

Creative Minx said...

Lettuce all say: that rocks!

Creative Minx said...

I saw these wonderful changes yesterday, Live, In Person :-)

I am sooo happy for you girl! It is like you have a new home. So nice to walk into a room and feel like you spent a million dollars to redo it... and you didn't... Rockin' cool. I am so happy for you. Happiness & fun for everyone.