Wednesday, March 18, 2009

OMG!!!

No it doesn't mean what you think it means. Kate has been banned from using that abbreviation and wondered why I was allowed to use it.
"I can get away with it because I was the mom."
"Yeah right mom."
"No really I live in one of the few states that can."
"What?"
"Well I'm taking the Ohio Master Gardener classes....Ohio Master Gardener is abbreviated..."
"OMG? Oh Mom that's really bad."
Yeah but it made me laugh!
There are Master Gardener programs in every state. They pay to take classes to educate themselves on Gardening and then volunteer all over the country. It was estimated that last year the Ohio Master Gardeners: donated almost 120,000 hours, valued at $2,166,000.00, to Ohio communities and homeowners. If you are curious about the program this is the link. I'll also be linking a bunch of fact sheets on Home Gardening on the left side of my blog. I've gardened with my Dad since I was a toddler. I love how much peace digging, growing and exploring nature give me. I am always ready for St. Patrick's day! That is the date I can start planting peas, lettuce, chard, spinach and radishes. Okay now go dig up some dirt and plant something!
P.S. On her way out the door Kate yelled SYL!