Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ut oh! MOM.....

Paige said these words a few too many times today. She and Sydney decided to have a tea party. Now I expected a little water after I figured out what they were doing. "Mom, water isn't sticky so it's not like I'm making a REAL mess." That's kindergarten logic for you. Their little "tea pot" split down the side and they couldn't figure out where their water was going. I finally figured out there was a problem after trip number three to the bathroom. They were so quiet and not bickering that I really hadn't noticed them...but we all know that's when the worst disasters happen. Not a big deal, we dried up all the water and I went back to mopping the kitchen floor. I needed to wash my broom after I realized that is had gotten disgusting due to kid messes this morning. So I put it in the tub with a little Mr. Clean. I love that man! His lemony fresh products smell soooo good! I started a load of laundry. While I was getting the soap out I lost hold of it and dumped in half the box. Dry detergent definitely is easier to clean up than liquid. When I discovered that I could actually take out the bottom drawer out of the stove to reach the sticky mess that had seeped under the edge. I became completely absorbed with cleaning under the stove. Our cats love to send anything they find skidding across our kitchen floor and I found a boat load of miscellaneous treasure and 13 cents. Next thing I hear is Paige, uttering the dreaded, "Ut oh! MOM?!!!" For the love of a horse named sissy what could it be now? I got up of the floor where I was hand washing under the stove to check on her. Yep there was a problem, a big watery hilarious problem. I, the adult who is supposed to be in charge, forgot to turn the bath tub water off and it was pouring over the edge of the tub like a waterfall. I had a nice pond going in the bathroom. I believe it took only ten towels to clean it all up. I had just put washed and put away five of those towels. Paige thought it was all fun. So while I was cleaning she took a cup of water....she pulled a chair over to the kitchen sink and helped herself. Then she took it to the living room for another party and dumped on top of her little plastic counting bears on the ottoman. Apparently they wanted to learn how to swim. That's how my day went. I guess this show that mom's... we just aren't perfect. Sorry no photos I was running disaster control forgot all about taking them. I can show you one from college when I put regular liquid dish soap into the dishwasher and had bubbles over a foot tall and four feet out into our carpeted kitchen! It just goes to show that I have always had some seriously amazing cleaning skills.

1 comments:

lmillercrew said...

Oh my goodness friend!! And people wonder why we, as moms, don't get things done at home! We're always cleaning up messes