Thursday, July 2, 2009

Chance of rain...

Kate woke up this morning and said to me..."Mom, There's a 30, 30, 30, 30, 50, 50, 50, 50, 30, 30, 30, 30, 30 percent chance of rain today." We definitely use the Weather Channel a little too much in this family.
These photos were taken two weeks ago. The Botanical Gardens have these beautiful Caladiums growing in the shade garden. These shade loving plants originally hail from South America. I love that you can find your favorite color combination out of the 100's of named cultivars.


I was a little frustrated that my camera kept focusing on the trees and not on the leaves. I'll try again. This time I hopefully won't have to stop taking pictures to negotiate a peace treaty for the littlest Rapplings.

2 comments:

Creative Minx said...

How tall are the yellow plants? I'm just picturing you lying on the ground looking up through your camera lens to get those pics... Correct?

Skrappingirl said...

About a foot. Yep I was laying on the ground...you know I love dirt.