Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday can be a long day...

Let me tell you how it ends with me in tears...laughing at my cat. Chip, her brother is munk...Kate she's good with names ie. chipmunk. Chip took a leap off the entertainment center trying to reach Eileen across the room. Like a flying squirrel...arms all splayed out and boy did she miss. I guess she must really like Eileen.
I started the day before the girls were up...Caddyshack was on and I made it in time to watch the amazing Bill Murray. Here enjoy...
It's always fun to meet your friends family. Mr. Matt whose openhouse was today, has a large extended family and the best grandparents. His grandmother reminded me of mine. I definitely think she's the boss. The girls were excited when we arrived. Needn't worry about getting lost the large blown up Spartan Mascot was a give away. Beyond coooool...especially if you're three, or six, or even eleven. Photo op with the mascot and some hotdogs, salad, tomatoes, apples and dip later we were off to church. Sydney..."Mom....I think I'm carsick." Yeah from eating way to much for such a little lady. Honestly where does she put it?
When I walked into church a friend pointed out that my dress and Paige's bag matched. Not only did I match the bag but she pulled her new reading light out of said bag and well I matched it too. Hilarious...and no I didn't know she was bringing her lamp into church. To liven up a already entertaining hour we had a visitor sitting in our pew. She looked lost on the way in and I insisted she not sit alone. Church alone is well just not fun. When Paige whipped out the light and meticulously set it up with crayons and paper all good to go I just shook my head. Great impression right...but she did make me laugh.
My Sunday school class was fun...poor Devon and Shannon...it was only us. Every 15 minutes we added another student...Sam, then Travis, then Paige. Yeah Paige. Sorry Dev no holy hangman for you. Travis HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Enjoy it...sorry I had to tell everyone who saw you but it brings me joy to watch you look all embarrassed. Really a lot of joy.
Tera and I were a up to no good in Relief Society...sometimes I just can't not laugh...which made her laugh...which made me laugh, a vicious cycle. Paige came in at the end of this lesson too. She and Tera are great friends but I had to laugh when Paige started tickling Tera's chin. Really what's up with that? She was also in love with the Monday's baby, Jacob. Mesmerized actually that's the longest she sat still all day. By the way Lisa great lesson my friend.
We drove Miss Esther home after church...I gave all of the girls and Esther cookies...I was eating an apple (Honeycrisp....YUMMMMM)When Esther started telling us about how apples are on sale at Monette's. Which lead to a discussion of teeth, which she is lacking a few. My daughters moaned about dentists. They've had a bad year with them. Esther told them how she had pulled out five of her own teeth. I choked on my apple, Kate rolled her eyes, and I just prayed that Paige didn't hear her. Ummmm really where do I go with that conversation?
At home the girls were outside enjoying the great day. I worked in the garden after Paige woke up. Paige ended her evening by getting out a container and a half of sour cream and while I was unloading the dish washer. She had sour cream up to her elbows. We had another lesson on what not to use as lotion and how to properly wash our hands. At least she didn't find the scissors!
Bedtime came. Oh to think they could all be sleeping soon. Right. Eileen came home in the middle of the bedtime extravaganza. Sydney was sobbing...no one's being nice to me. A lot of drama for someone who was also dishing it out. I was on the phone with my mom and Eileen went to bat. Sydney learned that "no one can be mean to you if you're asleep." That just made her more mad because now Aunt Eileen was "mean too". Long, long bedtime. Suddenly it was silent. "Susan do they just go from yelling to sleep that fast." I wish! Five minutes later the littlest minx was back.
Eileen and I had a little ice cream watched Dirty Dancing....neither of us had seen the entire movie before. Then we had a little of this only not as cute...
I'm now watching, Dick and Jane, with Jim Carrey and Tea Leoni while blogging...this movie really seems to be how some years go.

To finish off today or to start tomorrow...it's 1 a.m. and Miss Paige is AWAKE again. Really?!?

0 comments: