Monday, November 30, 2009

Sometimes you just have to know when to call a plumber. I think the dishwasher flooding into the kitchen sink, the washing machine outflow pipe overflowing and a strangely slow draining toilet and bathroom sink were all good clues. Really don't bother with draino or ridx, you can try to snake it out yourself but be warned didn't work here. It was time to call in the trained professionals. What are you seeing here? Roots...escaping from the drain under my toilet. There was a veritable forest of mold, roots, and even a worm under the toilet. So when you see roots like this coming out of your toilet it's a bad sign. Our plumber's rock! We had Brent out from Mr. Rooter Plumbing...he's told me not to worry we'd jet out all the old roots and things would be fine. I chuckled and explained that in my world this was just the beginning of worse problems. He told me to be optomistic. Really?
So when he jetted out the main line we started to have mud coming back up out of the toilet drain. Not muck, not sewage, soil! Mud puddle in my bathroom. I know I'll dream about the black mud coming up out of the floor and the bathtub for quite a while. Nick who was outside running the jet..."So you're going to tell the homeowner right?" See who wants to deal with a crazy lady? I saw the mud...I knew it meant my main line was ruptured. Brent and Nick were waiting for tears, denial, anger, not complete calm. Really it's not their fault I did hire them to tell me what was going on. Verdict they would be out Tuesday after we had the septic tank drained again. Shouldn't have been full I had it emptied in January. Apparently when your main line leaks water into the ground and floods the leach field things don't work exactly right. Here are Paige's version of events today..."Mom why's there mud puddle...big mud puddle, uh huh, in the bathroom? You say Oh Man? uh huh." Bleach it's my new best friend.
Ran away to Laura's for dinner...Thanks sister friend appreciate it muchly.

0 comments: