Sunday, June 15, 2008

I'm serious!

Sydney was yelling from the back yard yesterday.
Just so you know Sydney and Kate yell for me all the time and now so does Paige. I have decided to ignore them unless they come and politely ask for what they need which obviously they aren't catching onto quite yet.
As my dad would say, "Unrealistic Expectations Susan."
So, Sydney was yelling from the backyard.

"Mom! Mom! Come HERE!"

I continued folding laundry.

"MOM COME HERE RIGHT NOW. I'M BLEEDING!"

I couldn't help myself I laughed out loud as I started walking out the door all to here.

"MOM I'M SERIOUS I REALLY AM BLEEDING."

Sure enough she had skinned her knee.
I held in my laughter while applying to band aids to the cleaned scrape.

Then heard Kate chime in...
with all the sass and knowledge of a 9 and three quarter year old.
"MOM that REALLY doesn't NEED a band aid."

Nope she didn't really need a band aid. But it was nice to be able to fix her up and send her on her way happy and proud of her new "injury".
Wish I could patch everything else up as easily as her knee.

0 comments: