Thursday, June 5, 2008

L is for Lettuce.

This was my lettuce at two weeks old. I've been waiting, watching and watering. This week I deemed it tall enough to eat. I love salads. I hear I make a great salads. I can think of all sorts of yummy goodies to put in salads. My favorites, none of which I have on hand right now, garbanzo beans and baby peas. The secret ingredient is always yummy cheese(don't worry that I do have on hand.) One of the many reasons I love salads is I met my future husband while working at a resturant as the "Salad Girl". I refilled lots of condiments, cut a lot of carrots, and tossed a lot of lettuce and mini bagels. Another favorite memory including beautiful lettuces is while growing up I would make the grown ups,(of course I thought I was one) a yummy salad Sunday nights after all the younger kids were in bed. So I guess my parents found a way to make lettuce a privelege. Hmmm, I wonder if I can pull that one on Kate? Yeah, probably not.
Don't you love my little gaurden frog?


I finally finished the package I needed to send for the apron swap I am in.

I decided to decorate the inside of my box, alas no tissue paper so I got busy with my creative lettering. My book for this months Scrapbook Book Club is all on how to create fun lettering. I like that I'm done with my apron swap EARLY and my bookclub homework EARLY. I've always had a tendency to work until the very last minute. All I can say is YEAH ME. Don't worry I'm sure this isn't going to become a habit.
"I just like to SMILE! Smiling's my favorite. ~Buddy "Elf"

This qoute was under the apron, cards, and recipe cards I sent.




It left us speechless.
Quite speechless I tell you and we have not stopped talking of it since. ~"Emma"

This qoute was the one you would open the box and see. It reminded me of well me and I hope the qoutes will make you giggle. ~Susan



1 comments:

CANDACE said...

i loved the quotes & your lettuce is beautiful. pretty to look at, and if i enjoyed eating vegetables i would probably say too pretty to eat. :)

i am dying to hear about what you think of twilight (esp. since you read them out of order!) and juno!