Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dig it???

Today I learned a lot about digging a hole. I've dug holes before and you just don't want to know why I had to dig one today. It was just another crazy day in the life of Susan thing.
You would think that years of gardening, little brothers, and the tutorial the book and movie by the same name... and so loved by the Rapplings over and over again last summer.. would have been enough. But nooooo....
Classic hole digging error number one not moving the dirt far enough back so you won't have to redig it when making the hole bigger....
Error number two...really trust me flats, even if they are made for walking definitely aren't made for digging.
Error number three...in my yard when you dig three feet deep....you will create a pond and not a hole. Who knew?
After I had been digging for twenty minutes and silently cursing my own stupidity in choice of hole location and footwear, Miss Kathryn danced up...
"So mom, you feeling like you're in the movie yet?"





So this is for you Miss Kate....and don't think I didn't notice that you had three mud related incidents today! That's my girl.

1 comments:

Leslie said...

Susan, I haven't been on your site for a while. I love your posts, they always make me smile. I love it. Thanks for the kind words on my accordian flower, you know I got the papers and the accordian idea from your book club. That is the front of my accordian fold Mother's Day tribute. Can't wait for Saturday to show you it. Love you, Leslie