Monday, March 22, 2010

Girls night...

After a blustery day spent at home catching up from not staying home...whose fault is that? Yes, mine but I can play outside in the SOIL (take note that I didn't mention dirt.) ALL DAY! Sydney, Kate, Esther and I went to a Gardening Presentation by Multifaith Grows. While the girls enjoyed the stacks upstairs. Esther, Debbie Jastal, Judy and Gary Buck and I enjoyed an evening of Gardening information presented by Matt Ross of TBG. Esther is Mr. Matt's biggest fan and loves watching "What's Growing in the Garden" segments on channel 13 ABC. Sydney couldn't decide if she wanted to stay and watch the presentation or read upstairs with Kate and Debbie's son Zach. Which means she spent a lot of time running up and down the stairs...which if you're six is also a lot of fun. Her favorite part of the presentation was the RAINBOW GARDEN....she hit my arm and said, "Why didn't we do that?" I guess we'll be doing that.
After a fun night full of information a couple of brave souls accompanied Kate, Sydney, Esther and I to Baskin Robbins for ice cream. Here are the girls HAVING FUN!!! Thanks go out to Leslie p. for keeping Miss Paige she has missed Leslie and Michael who we don't see enough of. Must work on that.
Sydney was smart enough to discover the Double Cone, $2.22 which is cheaper than a one scoop cone at $2.29. Tricky smart that girl.
Kate had a Blizzard, "Mom I can have anything right?" Okay, so I said yes before thinking. Thankfully she didn't want an ice cream cake.
Esther, who is sweet and quirky. She had the BEST time and it makes me happy to see her pleasure in simple things like a gardening lecture and a strawberry sundae.

0 comments: