Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Paige's tuffa....

Very exciting stuff to get the pot you made back. Paige is one very happy little girl. I was given permission to carve her pot so I did. Paige's very tiny pot had less room to work with, hence the arc design. Miss Sophia on the other hand created an ark size container that gave me lots of room to play with. The regular hypertuffa finishing treatment, at TBG, involves knocking off the edges and making the top surface more pock marked and naturally formed. This is very fun, in a destructive sort of way. Demostrated by Mr. Matt and Josh a volunteer/Owens Landscape and Turf Grass Management student. As a quick side note, normally you take the plastic form out of the center of your hypertuffa pot but Paige insisted it stay.
This is paige's baby plant material... small blue succulent, sorry I don't know the genus and species yet. I love that she says baby plant and then adds material as an afterthought. Can't tell she spends a lot of time in the greenhouse can you?
It's nice to be able to start a new tradition to replace one I loved so much. I remember creating my own ceramic bowl with my grandmother in her ceramics "studio". I hand formed with supervision and painstakingly wrote my name in then glazed with two different colors of blue. I must find that bowl... I put it away to avoid small children who break things. One crack straight through the center was enough. I see a lot of hypertuffa pot creation in the Rapplings future.

1 comments:

Creative Minx said...

That is such a great picture of Paige! Her pot rocks. I'm jealous!