Monday, June 29, 2009

Green Wizard...

What is a Green Wizard? Well it's a coneflower, Rudbeckia fulgida 'Green Wizard'. My favorite description reads, "This unusual black-eyed Susan is the black eye without the Susan!" I try to buy one packet of quirky seeds each year. I started six from seed. Two plants made it thru winter. We didn't have blooms last year but we do this year. The pollen will come off of the bloom soon and then I will enjoy this black cone for the rest of the summer. Here's a link to one of the many purveyors of seed packets...


My sweet miniature rose bush is blooming again. This bloom is just shy of an inch across so the photo is actually bigger than the bloom.
Happy bicolor rose... pretty no?
So hope you enjoyed visiting my garden today.

1 comments:

Creative Minx said...

"This unusual black-eyed Susan is the black eye without the Susan!" That is great! Love pictures of your garden. Happiness!