Thursday, June 11, 2009

Lemony goodness...

Back in the day...I thought lemons were the best fruit ever. I loved to suck on them and really enjoyed the tart, tangy taste. I remember on a trip out west we ate at a couple of restaurants with my adopted grandparents...the Barnhearts. Grandpa would laughingly make sure to order a lemon slice, (probably with his water) so that he could watch the faces I made while I devoured my lemon. This mutual love of lemons continued when I went out to BYU-Idaho for my first year of college. He took me to his favorite Chinese restaurant, the China Garden on South State St., in Provo. He introduced me to the joys of lemon chicken. Every time I visited that year we went. It was a lot of fun to watch him in his element with the staff whom he had been friends with for years. Of course I haven't had lemon chicken that has ever matched those delicious dinners.
So I have to confess that I still love lemons. Apparently this is a genetic quirk, since all three of the Rapplings also enjoy a lemon whenever I'll buy them one. Sydney especially likes home squeezed lemonade. My love of images has always included citrus, oranges, lemons, limes...whichever they are graphically appealing. Check these out!
Makes you want to go online and buy it now doesn't it!

This adorable lemonade stand at Scrap Chicks....



This post isn't just about my love of all things lemony. My girlfriend Lisa K. brought a really cute teacher gift idea to church a couple of Sundays ago, to see if I could help her reproduce it. Of course I could! The bonus was that it involved lemonade I was definitely on the case. Here is what I came up with after much time searching for the perfect lemon graphic online.

I found this amazing set at Associated Content...
The next hurdle was to put it all together. I whipped up a little title block on Microsoft Publisher and Viola!!! Instant teacher happiness. Sorry the colors off in the photo. I thought it would be better to write the post than to wait until I fix up the photo!

1 comments:

Koala Green said...

Way cute, might have to do something like that for the teachers from the PTO! I love lemons too, and limes. My parents have a lime tree out in the from of the house. Has some small limes, really cool!