Sunday, August 2, 2009

Music Under the Stars with the Glassmen

Another beautiful evening at the Toledo Zoo Amphitheater. I'm always prepared and bring snacks(no shopping on Sunday rule.) Tonight we had apples, green grapes(very important that they are green to Miss Kathryn!), oranges, and LEMONS! Yes my girls LOVEY, LOVE, LOVE lemons. I love that they love lemons. I used to request them whenever I went out with my parents. So a great tradition continues. The elderly couple sitting next to us enjoyed the girls lemony entertainment.We had arrived EARLY. For me this meant we walked into the amphitheater at 6:25 p.m. There were almost no cars in the Zoo parking lot and I was sooooo excited to get an up close seat. But since the Glassmen, an amazing local drum and bugle corp take up half of the amphitheater floor) we got one of the few spots left on the ground. We set up camp, had some snacks and left for the bathroom. I lost Kate.... not REALLY, really lost. I just couldn't find her. So I went down noticed that the crowd was encroaching on our little space. Collecting our chairs to make a strategic move out of the chaos while also trying to locate my missing daughter. One mom, a stroller, two chairs, two kids, a blanket and snacks walking up the amphitheater incline....yeah people thought I was a crazy lady. At that moment they would have been correct. We found Kate and reestablished our camp on top of the Cheetah overlook deck. This is the girls Cheetah "buddy." We could see only half of everything on stage although the sound was great. When The Glassmen started their concert I was so realieved that I'd moved the girls. Paige would have been beyond overwhelmed. The hard part was trying to keep Sydney from climbing the railings...really didn't she notice the long drop, the rocks, and the cheetah?
The Glassmen were AMAZING. Some of you might not know that my dad played the trumpet.... and introduced me to drum and bugle corp competitions on PBS back in the day. I also played the trumpet and boy did I love watching those kids bring down the house. We might have another trumpet player soon.....but I'm thinking Paige loves the drums a little too much!

0 comments: