Wednesday, August 12, 2009

On gardening, weddings, and cats...

Yep pretty much that was my day! I went to TBG to work in the Pioneer Garden today. I pulled three very, very, large trash cans of full some weeds but mostly overflowing squash vines that needed a little training. I did remember sun screen. Only had two gardening buddies with me...Syd and Hope. They tried to sell granola bar pieces for a penny each to unsuspecting clients. They set up in the side of the van. Sign read "1 peny," aww, that Sydney Rapp I love her. The only potential clients I saw were squirrels...not exactly penny carrying members of society.
Home to work on Adam and Eileen's wedding invitations. All cut by hand...mine, with a rotary cutter and a straight edge. All scored and assembled by Adam and Eileen. Here's the work in progress...
Happy Birthday ADAM!!! Sorry I didn't bake you a cake or get you a gift. Sometimes big sisters just aren't on top of things. Love you.

My camera ran out of batteries when I just tried to take a photo I'll post it tomorrow
My old buddy Rio sitting in my empty canning jar box.
I left the kitchen and came back to find Chip in a tupperware container.

This is Jennifer and I at Jazz in the Garden. I forgot to tell her to bring chairs...luckily she had them in the car. See Kate...it doesn't hurt to be prepared. The music was wonderful, Ramona Collins played. Not pictured here are Jim O. Perry Jennifer's significant other, and Miss Esther from church. We all had a great time.I love that she set up in the grass instead of on the stage. Two trees block the view of the stage. It was fun to see her just doing what she felt comfortable with.

0 comments: