Thursday, August 6, 2009

Toledo Grows Garden Tour...

I have to say that Toledo Grows is an amazing program. The ammount of work they help accomplish is astounding. We all piled in the car to check out the gardens. At this particular moment I don't have the map and my brain is absolutely frazzled so I don't have names for the gardens I'm showing you.....Sorry. I'll find the map and update this later.
Kids love sunflowers and my crew voted this the best garden with Sunflowers.This garden had chickens....so this garden was voted the best garden with Chickens.
Oh and they couldn't believe all of the different colored eggs the hens had layed. Should I have told them they were plastic.
We discovered that chickens LOVE Kale! Okay they like it when five children aren't forcing it upon them. We have a lot of beautiful Kale at the Botanicals and really how many different ways can you cook it. Sending some home to Tera's chickens on Tuesday.
This garden was voted the one with the best food....oh and this tree was pretty popular too.
It also had these little marigolds which hope insisted must be photographed!
This garden is at the Ten Eyck apartments and was voted the funnest garden...they had paintings up everywhere, a great bench to climb on, and they gave them carrots and slightly green apples to munch on. This is Karen Woods, my gardening friend. This is her garden plot on the East Side past Tony Packo's on Front Street. It is the oldest community garden in Toledo. What a beautiful way to end the day!

0 comments: